A weekend getaway can make a huge difference in a person’s demeanor. By taking some time to get out of the big city and really unwind you will be doing yourself a world of good that could help you perform better throughout the week. Getting out of the city is easier when you have your own car and that is where our New York car dealership comes in.
This week we are taking a break from car leasing deals and car care tips to tell you about some of New York’s best driving destinations:
- Bethel, NY: A farm town made famous by the Woodstock music festival is a great destination for anyone looking to see the site of that monumental event or simply looking for a change from the hustle and bustle of the five boroughs.
- Sag Harbor, NY: This is a great place for anyone looking to brush against history. Buildings dating back to the early 18th century can be toured and admired in this former whaling town.
- Cooperstown, NY: If you love baseball there is no place like Cooperstown. Boasting the Baseball Hall of Fame this town is a great place to take a sports obsessed family!
These days nothing rests as heavily on a driver’s shoulders as the price of gas. While our New York car dealership has gone out of its way to make financing a new car affordable the price of gas can still be a little intimidating. In an effort to help anyone considering a new car or those folks who have already invested in a car leasing deal we’re offering some gas saving tips:
- Know Your Fuel Economy: Staying aware of the fuel economy of your car is vital to getting the most out of your fuel. Keep track of how much gas trips you take regularly are. Experiment with different routes to see if they save gas.
- Engine Maintenance: Slight issues with your engine might never become a debilitating problem for your car but they might help you burn less fuel. The EPA says that properly tuning your engine can increase fuel efficiency by 4%.
- Refill Your Tires: Having your tires full increases fuel efficiency by 3%.
- Lose Unnecessary Cargo: Leaving stuff in your car might seem like a nice way to unclutter your home. In fact, that extra weight is actually taking a toll at the gas pump.
- Go Easy On the Gas: By allowing your car to move with gravity you will save money on gas. Relax using the gas pedal whenever you can.
For a lot of New York residents the tipping point where they stop hoofing it or riding endlessly on the subway is when they start a family. You might be comfortable along with the millions of strap-hangers in New York but your baby needs a safe Brooklyn car to drive him or her around.
Of course getting a car to chauffeur your little bundle of joy around town is just part of the process. You can’t just strap a small child into a seat belt. Instead you have to explore the wide world of children’s car seats. While our New York car dealership does not sell car seats we can give you a little guidance on picking out the safest car seat available.
- Convertible Car Seats: If your little one is just a newborn a rear facing seat is required. By purchasing a convertible car seat you can have a rear facing option and then once he or she gets a little bigger it can turn into a front facing seat.
- JPMA Stamp: Car seats are rigorously tested and regulated. That JPMA stamp means that the seat meets all of the required safety standards.
- Check Straps: Make sure the straps on the car seat model you buy are easily adjustable. It will save you having to purchase a new seat as your child grows.
Recently we have tried to make this blog a little bit more informative than promotional. We have offered tips for parents teaching new drivers the rules of the road, keeping tabs on auto repair costs, and snow safety for drivers among other topics. For this week though we thought it was important to let our readers know about an exciting development for our New York car dealership.
Our website has been completely revamped! With a new look, new information, and most importantly adaptive display features that allows the site to adjust to tablets and smart phones. This means wherever you are you can tap into our site to find information on car leasing deals. This website update has been in the works for some time not because we think we are going to sell a bunch of cars online but because we want to offer consumers the best support as they browse or seriously shop for cars.
New Yorkers of course have a finite amount of time to spend doing anything. Even important decisions like buying a new car can become victims of the time crunch this city causes. We can help you make the decision smartly and quickly and our website can help.
So your son or daughter is ready for some parental lessons in driving. Automotive safety is important and passing it down from parent to child can be very helpful, of course it can also be stressful for both parties. If your son or daughter is ready for some lessons you might want to call in a professional. Professional driver’s ed instructors are impartial and have been through it all.
Still, even those of us that have sent our kin off to learn driving from a professional want to pass on personal wisdom and make sure things are safe before committing to car lease deals for our kids. When we do here are some things to remember:
- Yelling Will Not Help: Parents you might recall can make you nervous. It is important for new drivers to feel relaxed and yelling will only make matters worse for you and your new driver.
- Empty Parking Lots Are Great: By starting off in an empty parking lot you are protecting the family’s new Acura and the rest of the world from an untested driver.
- Safety Is Everything: Driving the exact way you drive should not be the purpose of a parental car safety lesson. Instead you should ensure that your young driver is obeying speed limits, wearing seat belts, and driving safely. Everything else is a personal choice.
Making your car last is a popular pastime among a lot of us. Do it yourself auto enthusiasts and amateur mechanics have stretched the life of a lot of automobiles over the years and that is great. It saves families money and reduces the amount of waste in the world. Alas, at some point everyone needs to know when to let go of their classic car. Even if you have a great mechanic who gives you solid discounts at some point you might just be sending good money after bad.
Obviously being the premier Brooklyn car dealership we have a vested interest in you junking an older model in favor of a brand new car leasing deal or owning something with low monthly payments. Still there is some advice that is just common sense. Specifically we suggest everyone keep close track of the amount of money they are investing in their car. When the cost of repairs begins to outpace the value of the car itself it just becomes more logical to invest in something new.
By keeping close track on the amount of money you put into a car’s upkeep month to month you can better assess when it is time to call it a day. No need to rush through the life of a good car but no reason to burn through cash either.
For anyone looking to buy a new car in New York safety is a huge concern. New York City offers unique challenges to drivers, such as slower speed limits than a lot of more rural areas and very specific restrictions on where and when you can park in certain areas. None of those challenges however are more important than trying to reduce the amount of fatal accidents that occur within the city.
New York’s new mayor Bill de Blasio has decided to take on auto accident fatalities head on and folks investing in a car leasing deal should be eager to help in these efforts. The mayor has announced a wide ranging crackdown on reckless driving. For New York reckless driving is already a misdemeanor. This means that while some states call the practice a traffic violation our state already ensures that incidences of reckless driving remain permanently on the criminal record of the convicted.
Previously if someone was caught speeding by one of the cameras situated on traffic lights they will receive a fine via the mail. Previously these people only received a warning. The new mayor has also promised to turn a lot of 30 mile per hour streets into 20 mile per hour streets. These efforts should make New York safer for pedestrians and also safer for those of us who have chosen to visit our local Brooklyn car dealership for a set of wheels.
Last week we offered some valuable advice to New York drivers to make their time behind the wheel less stressful. One thing you cannot avoid living in New York is eventually having to drive in the snow. These days snow seems to come without warning every two or three weeks. This is no reason to avoid Wheels to Lease’s incredible car lease deals, instead it is an opportunity to get acquainted with the specific safe habits of a good driver in the snow.
During a snow storm the most important thing to do is slow down. You should leave at least three times as much space between you and the person in front of you to stop, the results is a lot of room in case of any slippage. You should also have your lights on, even if you see perfectly clear. Headlights are not just for you to see they help others on the road see you.
If you are worried about your safety driving in the snow talk to the folks at our New York car dealership about car safety features or consider an SUV. The safety in those larger cars is a lot more sound than that of smaller cars.
Driving in New York City is unfairly maligned by folks who simply do not understand how to navigate this different terrain. As the most trusted car dealership in New York we at Wheels to Lease have a vested interest in making you more comfortable with the concept. We are offering some helpful tips on driving in NYC as a freebie in the hopes that it might make you more inclined to consider one of our affordable car leasing deals.
- Take a Deep Breath: Driving in the city is nothing to fear. By taking a moment to remind yourself that driving will become a whole lot easier. Slow down and do not stress, having a car means you are not waiting for subways or buses. You have the upper hand.
- Pay Attention to Mirrors: By paying attention to your mirrors you will be able to navigate the frequent lane shifting of other New York drivers.
- Be Aware of Taxis: Be aware of everything but in particular keep your eye on taxis. They might stop any time and are known to change lanes more than most.
- Read Signs Before Parking: Finding a spot is easier than you think, just be sure you are parking legally.
For many people when you buy a new car in NY the biggest concern is gas. The prices of gas can be hard to manage in New York City where things always seem to be just a little more expensive. That said, many folks have made the most of their location by purchasing gas whenever they happen to cross a bridge into New Jersey.
Navigating the prices for gas does not have to lead you across state lines though. There is also an app for your smartphone that can help you find the cheapest gallon nearby. GasBuddy will give you a full listing of gas prices in a given range of wherever you are. The result is a great chance for comparative shopping that could save you hundreds of dollars a year. All that from a free app!
While your car leasing deal can make a huge difference in making owning a car affordable we all want to save money wherever we can. As a result the price comparisons on GasBuddy are an idyllic way to ensure that you never pay top dollar for a gallon of gasoline. The app is a great recommendation for yourself or anyone else you know sick of paying too much for gas!